Wednesday 22 May 2013

That's a wrap

Since the school paper is run predominately by the Grade 12 IBs who just graduated, the last issue of the year came out this month.  I wrote a piece on upcoming events at the public library, and the issue prior I reviewed Beth Revis's Shades of Earth.  I'll definitely be returning to write for the paper again in the fall, and Jessica and I have been invited to take over as editors.  I kind of want to accept, although I'm also conscious of our other responsibilities, and I want to be careful not to bite off more than I can chew.  I guess it will all depend on what extent we choose to be involved with the yearbook committee next year.  The librarian, Ms. King, did express interest in reverting the newspaper to a literary paper as it was two years ago instead of the all-encompassing work that it has been this year.  A literary paper has a special niche market as there are none others like it locally, and apparently many different institutions wanted copies, something that stopped when it began covering school events.  Jess and I have been writing solely for the literary portion of the paper all the way along, so I would say if we did take on an editorial role, that would likely be the path we would take.  I think it is something I want to do, but I guess I'll just have to play it by ear and see what the state of affairs looks like in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment