Tuesday 18 June 2013

Year-end yearbook

I've been extremely busy lately (most recently with my year-end exams, and the week prior I was away in Ontario attending an invitational math seminar) but CAS waits for no man (or girl).  Today marked our last exam, with all the rest of the school having finished yesterday or earlier, and now that school is out of the way, our final yearbook deadlines are fast approaching.  The signature pages were delivered last week, but the book itself still has a lot of work to be done on its pages, especially with regards to recent or upcoming events like Prom and Graduation.  So, even though school is over, I'll be heading back there Friday morning to work on finishing the book along with Jessica, Adrian, and Mr. Toms.  Despite the work ahead, I think things are going along well.  We have pretty much all the pictures we'll need, save for grad, at least to the best of my knowledge, and I think the final product is within our reach.  That said, I don't know if Jess and I are going to be able to take on this commitment again next year.  So many pictures and so much work needs to be done towards the end of the year at the time we'll be writing IB exams, and so we may need to pass on the bulk of the responsibility to another set of grade eleven students.  Additionally, we've been invited to take the role of editors on the school newspaper this coming year, which while being a large commitment for most of the year would allow us to finish prior to exams.  A step down from one commitment and a step up in another might be a good swap for us; the timing fits better, and it lets us try our hand at a different skill set.  Still, nothing is set in stone, and I guess it will all depend on what next September brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment