Monday 14 January 2013

Hot off the press (well, lukewarm)

It's been a while since my last update on the newspaper front, and that means two issues of the Rural Reader have come and gone.  In November I was responsible for writing a review of Reached, the final book in a series that I've been a fan of since the first installment hit shelves back in 2010.  The novel was released right during exam time and my article was due immediately afterwards, so I was under a bit of a time crunch to get it read and reviewed, but it proved to be a good diversion and provided me with a welcome break from studying.  In December I interviewed Ms. Riggs, asking her questions about what she's read, is currently reading, and will read.  It was a less labour-intensive article on my part, but our deadline in December was rather short-notice due to us wanting to have the paper released before Christmas break, and I felt like it was a nice change of pace from the types of articles I'd done in the past.  This month I'm getting back into the reviewing game; actually, it'll be a quite similar situation to back in November.  I'm writing a review on Shades of Earth, the final novel in Beth Revis's Across the Universe trilogy (another series I started reading when the first book was released two years ago), and I'm going to be in the same boat this time:  the novel comes out tomorrow, and my article is due this Friday, so I'll be pressed for time to get it read and reviewed while keeping up on my schoolwork and the upcoming exams.  Still, I've been a little slacking on the reading front as of late, so it'll be good to back into the literary swing of things.


No comments:

Post a Comment